Job Opening: Museum Coordinator
The mission of the Indo-American Heritage Museum is to promote understanding of the heritage, culture and diversity of Indian Americans, preserve their history and share their contributions to the fabric of American life.
We are seeking a creative, energized individual to help IAHM organize and coordinate museum activities and contribute to its development. The Museum Coordinator will provide critical support to Board Members and Volunteers. Major responsibilities include coordinating programs, managing fund-raising events, promoting volunteer participation in activities.
We envision a part-time position with potential for full-time employment.
• Team player with ability to take initiative and work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Effective communicator with superior oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of Indo-American cultural institutions and community organizations.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, QuickBooks, Constant Contact and popular social media sites.
• Implementing IAHM’s programs and initiatives such as:
o Presentations on Indo-American culture and history to school and community groups
o Collaborations through Chicago Cultural Alliance, and with universities and other ethnic institutions
• Recruitment and coordination of volunteers
• Managing and maintaining data on donors, volunteers, grants, collections and programs
• Assisting in the evaluation of data for program evaluation, program planning, and grant reporting.
• Providing overall operations management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Humanities, Museum Studies, Non-profit Management, Arts Management or related degree.
• Two or more years of paid or volunteer experience ideally in a related sector.
• Familiarity with Indian American history and culture desirable.
• Flexible schedule starting at 20 hours/week.
• Flexibility to work from home with weekly in-person check in with Board supervisor
• Some evening/weekend hours
Compensation: Competitive based on qualifications and experience
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter by June 15 to:
Subject line: Museum Coordinator
IAHM is a 501 c 3 non-profit organization